Bilderverkauf aller 50 km / Pictures on Sale every 50 km

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

No Diesel in this remote region

27th of November:

It is fu*** cold in the morning, snowing, cloudy and windy. Also the Shepard's around us feel cold. A small boy drinks with us a tea and has some bread. He is proud on his sheep and cows and shows them all to me. The older boys made a fire. We go to there to warm up give them some bread and say bye bye. But the small boy left before us and stole one of our towstrape. I had the feeling he was disappointed that he did not get my watch, which is actually a present from my father. Anyway we follow him ask him why he did it. Since a older guy is there he is ashamed and starts to cry. Finally we go back to the place and he gives us the towstrape back cries and runs away.

On the way to the Aral we need to get Diesel. Since two days all petrol station have nothing. Even at the gas stations there are long rows of cars waiting. For me it is a little bit strange since in this area most of the Uzbek gas is produced. I ask everywhere, go here and there go there. Finally a truck driver knows a place where I could get it. It is even cheaper than officially and I get 160 litre. I am curious from where they have the Diesel and he tells me that it is from the diesel trains. Sounds same like former GDR. Nobody feels responsible and I guess they steal it from the governmental train company. Anyway for me it is good I do not need to worry anymore that I can not reach Kazakhstan.

Now we can go to the Aral, but once more on this streets I need to ask for the way. The guy ask for a ride and we bring him to his house which is on the way. Again we get invited to tea which ends in a full lunch. He is repairing trains and most of the men in his family work on the Uzbek gas fields. It seems that they have a quite good live and do not worry about the Job. The guide book says this is a forgotten and deserted region, but due to the gas it seems it has changed.

This day we make our cold camp under big trees. And we have a lot of wood there to make it warm and comfortable. In Uzbekistan we always find a wood, which was sometimes hard in the other countries. The people do not need it here as they "swim" in gas.

(N 43.30036°, E 59.0534 °)

No comments: