Bilderverkauf aller 50 km / Pictures on Sale every 50 km

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Relaxing Desert

20th-23rd of October:

We leave Samarkand and have again our freedom. But on the way to the lake Tadakoel where we stay one day we stuck. The starter lock from the car, which was damaged in Irkutsk when the car was stolen, does not work anymore. I still could drive 10000 km with the damaged lock but now it is impossible to start the car. A friendly Uzbek brings me to a car service but unfortunately he has no time. He explain me which wires I should cut and then I could start the car with the wires. Somehow I do not like the idea and I find a way how to take out the lock without cutting the wires. Until the end of our journey a tongue!!!! is our new starter key. After the lake we go to Bukara, just eat something there, go in the historical "souvenir shop" and leave. I feel the same as in Samarkand but even worse. After Bukara there is just desert, sand and some bushes, nothing else. I feel really relaxed. After all the impressions of the last months it is nice to see and to hear nothing. There are no people, no buildings just silent. I really enjoy driving on this straight street through this almost empty landscape; my brain gets a rest. No impulses from outside; time to think We decide to stay in the desert one day before we go on to Khiva.

(N 40.04274°, E 65.63876 °, N 39.91316°, E 64.91548 °, N 39.97502°, E 64.24047 °, N 41.19159°, E 61.84499 °)

No comments: