Bilderverkauf aller 50 km / Pictures on Sale every 50 km

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Sweating in Urgut

17th of October:

In the morning I feel better and we decide to go on. But during driving I feel hot and really exhausted. I could not enjoy Samarkand that day. Therefore, we go to Urgut were we make a camp in mountain side of the village. Urgut is famous for its Sunday market where we will go tomorrow. A lot of people pass by and invite us to stay in there home. I really do not feel like it. Although you are guest it is sometimes quite exhausting to be. You have to concentrate quite a lot since the language is different. Furthermore, it is not just one person, sometimes there are 3 person which try to communicate with you at the same time. Communication in Russian, hands and feet's or they just use local language. I have to say sorry but I promise we will come there in the evening after I had a nap.

The Nap means 2 hours sweating. That is what I learned from my mother when I was a kid. Always when I got a fever or more heavy cold I had to sweat in two or three blankets. Increasing your temperature and kill the evil virus and bacteria's. I did the same again, 3 cups of hot ginger honey tea. Just drinking it as fast as possible. After that just take all blankets you have. Soon you will sweat like in a Sauna. You also need a towel to wipe the sweat away, otherwise you will get cold. With this method I need two days to overcome this cold. Kotomi almost need one week since she did not want to do this sweating procedure.

After sweating we went to our hosts. Normally only the man is allowed to invite the guest. Once the guest are inside the house the woman start to take control over everything what is happening. Often now the mans have to jump when the wife tell him to do this or that. The family is in our age and he does not know Russian so well. He is already one of the generation, who did not need to go to the Russian army anymore. Still somehow we can communicate and having our dinner together. The house is still under construction and he is complaining that he always has no money. I look at the house I can understand it. If the house will be ready it will look like a castle.

(N 39.36193°, E 67.2324 °)

No comments: